Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hi!

Don't even know where to begin.

There has been so much going on.

Updates:

Love life - The GF has moved into DC and has started her new job. It is a great job but from day one it has been keeping her very busy. We hope things settle down a bit.
DC is fun though. There are so many things close by to experience! My best friend got to meet her this past weekend. It went better than i ever expected!

School life - Things are finally moving forward. We got the computer hooked up to the controllers and the motors are a spinning! This means that with a little tuning and a little programming our device should be up and running by the end of the semester! Anyone wanna be a guinea pig?

Family life - Grandma is settling in. It has been a new experience with her living close by. I try to have dinner with her once a week. This is a challenge for me because I rarely sit down to eat. She is learning who I really am, not just the me that she sees 4 times a year. I am afraid she is going to be disappointed...

Coming out - I have really sucked at it lately. I didn't end up having a halloween party and let my deadline of coming out to all of my friends slip by. I am a bidesmaid in her wedding and she has no idea that I am gay...it just feels wrong...

Why on earth do my friends feel the need to friend my mother on facebook. My mother is the nosiest person in the world and facebook has become her fix.

My friend (who friended my mother on facebook) posted picture of me and the GF on facebook. This is not the way I want my mother to find out. Facebook may indeed be evil...

Equestrian life - B's leg was swollen monday and it hasn't gone away. I hope it is just a bruise or an infection. Both heal quickly and easily. I have my big show in 2 weeks. I have been trying to compete at this show for 4 years now. Everytime, something comes up. My goal is to compete at this level before I graduate. A modest goal, but one I have yet to attain. Please let it be nothing...

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, yeah FB might not be the best way to come out. You will know when the time is right, just remember, those who matter won't care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know from experience that setting deadlines does not work...I'm still not out to some people that I should be out to. I'm pretty sure they know, but they aren't ready to talk about it. And neither am I.

    On the other hand, I posted a blurb about my sexuality on my fb status. On National Coming Out day. And the people I am friends with, that I rarely see...they all responded very positively. Not a word from my immediate family, but I wasn't really expecting their support anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dragon. I keep repeating that to myself.

    Camlin, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post something on facebook. There are three friends that are very close to me that I am ready to come out to. I just keep chickening out and not setting aside the time. Thought setting a deadline might help, but alas, no such luck...

    ReplyDelete