Just like that, with a push of a little button...
I am out to my three closest childhood friends.
It always feels so surreal. It is out of your control at that point.
They all woke up to an email from me this morning outlining why I had been so elusive for the past couple of years.
I'm gay.
The response was overwhelming. I spent most of the day doing the ugly cry. Not because I was sad, but because I was overwhelmingly happy at the reponse I got from my friends. They said all the right things.
We love you.
We support you.
This doesn't change a thing.
Life is good.
I must give a special shout out to my friend haizey. Not sure I would have gone through with it if she hadn't been cheering me on. Thank again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY! Congrats!!!! A little weight off of your shoulders....
ReplyDeletecongrats!
ReplyDeleteyay!
ReplyDeletegood job, lady! go you!
It feels good to be you. 100%.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm glad you had such positive feedback. Those are your true friends.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDeleteI've been there, not so long ago. Feels good, doesn't it?
If you hadn't been ready no amount of cheering from the sideline would have made you push that send button.
ReplyDeleteBut isn't that sense of release amazing, glad I could be there for you, Hx
Congrats! Way to go, girl!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that liberating to say that. I am gay, I am a lesbian, I am now just a bit more me. Woohooo you.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! It does feel great! Now on to planning the Christmas party where they will all meet my girlfriend. I'm gonna need a stiff drink!
ReplyDeleteI hope you will be getting some better mixers this time :)
ReplyDeleteawwww I'm so happy to hear this. Wow, I've been slacking on blogger, haven't been on here in quite a while. But I'm catching up on your blog, and I'm ecstatic to hear this news! Congrats babe, I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteWe need to reschedule my weekend up with you guys, I miss you!
Haizey: hmmm all I have is apple juice and milk right now, not sure that is any better than the pulpy orange juice lol!
ReplyDeleteSG: Soooo good to hear from you. Thanks! It feels great!
We do need to reschedule your weekend! Miss you too!