Thursday, December 17, 2009

I heart christmas!

Weekend update. I know, I know it is really late. But that's my style, ya know!?!?

I went up to DC this past weekend to visit the GF. Saturday was dedicated to moving her into her office at the new job. She has been working there for a while but hadn't hung up any pictures or taken any of her references books in. She works at a non-profit, but her office is swank. At least according to my standards, which are pretty low seeing as my office is a windowless closet in the basement that I share with two other people....

Anyhow, it overlooks the parade route for the Pride parade in DC. We can't wait for pride next year!!!

After that we went home and napped. I haven't done that in a long time. We napped for 2 hours and then got up and met some of her friends out for dinner and drinks. The bar we went to had a guy singing and playing the piano. The GF knows him as he has played the piano for a choir she performs with. He is a 75 year old white man who played Salt n Pepa's 'waterfalls'. And it was good! Love him! This place also had margartas that were cheaper than beer. I was in heaven!

It was kind a weird weekend with the GF. It was the first time I have been annoyed by her. It was cold and rainy and she complained and whinned the whole weekend. I don't do whiney. Though i am not sure she was actually being that bad, I think that I am PMSing pretty hard core this month...

The weekend ended pretty nicely though. Sunday night we visited the national Christmas tree located in the front yard of the white house!

This weekend is my christmas party. There will be several people there that I have not seen since I came out to them. Their significant other's will be there and even some people I have not yet directly come out to. The GF will be there as my GF and so there is no hiding. I am both excited not to have to lie and pretend, and nervous that things will be awkward. But, as the GF reminded me, I have a huge influence on setting tone and thus the more comfortable I am with the situation the more at ease everyone else will be......

I am going to need alot of alcohol!

Anyhow, I will leave you with a couple of pictures of the not so impressive national christmas tree. Though it is a live tree that stays planted in that spot....



Me and the GF in obama's front yard


Some of the state trees and the white house in the background. There is a tree from every state surrounding the national christmas tree!


My house with decorations!


My crack.


Got a new windshield out of it though. Mine was all chipped and dinged up!

Sorry for the random pictures. I was in a sharing kind of mood.

6 comments:

  1. O don't think the tree looks too bad. Looks like someone just took a blanket and put it over the tree.

    Cute pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love the random pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys did some good site seeing! Merry Christmas! Love the house decor! Sorry about your windshield...same thing happened to me last time I went up north. Must be a Yankee conspiracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That windshield is impressive! I've never seen a swirl like that...I get being bitchy about the whining. I'm glad you had fun though and I'd live to go to the parade next yr...pencil me in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dragon I think you're right. They just drape the lights. It would be nice if they did something that took a little more effot. The lights are all LEDs though so it uses very little energy

    Aneke, glad you can appreciate my randomness...

    Jess, who you callin a yankee, I'm in VA!

    Lilli, Done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be thinking about you Saturday though with the time difference I will probably be too early, lol. Good luck setting the tone, though I am sure it'll all be good, after all you have picked some pretty cool friends ;)

    ReplyDelete